This document was last updated on 7th October 2020.
Essex Flooring Outlet is committed to protecting your personal information in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GRPR).
This document outlines:
- What data we collect
- How we collect your data
- How we will use your data
- How we store your data
- The type of cookies we use
- How you can manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other third party websites
- How to get in touch with Essex Flooring Outlet
- How to contact the ICO
What data we collect
When you get in touch with the Essex Flooring Outlet by making a purchase, filling out the form on our website, contacting us by email or telephone, we may collect, process and store personal data in order to deal with your request. This may include the information you provide when making a purchase and may include:
- Your full name
- Email address
- Telephone number
How we collect your data
When you make an enquiry or purchase products provided by Essex Flooring Outlet Ltd. we may collect personal information from a number of sources.
How we will use your data
In line with GDPR, the lawful bases we rely on for processing your personal information are:
With your consent. You can remove your consent at any time by emailing [email protected] or calling 01206 483763
- We have a contractual obligation
- We have a legal obligation
- We need it to perform a public task
- We have a legitimate interest
Essex Flooring Outlet Ltd will use your information only to provide you with the product or service you require, in addition to answering any queries you may have. For the purposes of the website these may include:
- Responding to your enquiry via email or telephone
- Fulfilling an order for a product or service
- Providing a quote with regards to our products
- To identify any issues with and improve your website experience
Sharing your data
We may be required at some time to share your personal data with the organisations below for the purposes of fulfilling the above.
- Service providers such as IT administrators
- Professional advisers required to process your product purchase
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Third-party marketing providers (only when consent has been given)
- Third-party organisations who we may choose to sell, transfer or merge part or all of our businesses with.
How we store your data
Any data you provide to Essex Flooring Outlet Ltd. by making a purchase or form on the website will be stored within our secure cloud-based servers.
All other personal data will be stored on our own computer systems and paper records, which are subject to strict security procedure. Access to your personal data is restricted and we have security measures in place to protect your data.
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes of fulfilling your order of enquiry, as well as to fulfil any legal obligations.
- Your IP address
- Type and version of your device and internet browser
- The pages you visit
- The time/date you accessed our site
- How you arrived on the website
- How long you spent on the website
We will use the information collected via cookies to improve our website and track the effectiveness of our marketing strategies.
How to can manage your cookies
You can stop cookies from being placed on your device, though this may prevent you from accessing some of the tools on the Essex Flooring Outlet website.
You can change your cookie settings by accessing the ‘settings’ section of your web browser. All browsers are different, find out how to access and amend your cookie settings here.
Privacy policies of other third party websites
The Essex Flooring Outlet website may occasionally link to other websites for your information or convenience. These may operate separately from Essex Flooring Outlet Ltd. and therefore have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to review before accessing the sites.
Where websites are not owned or controlled by us, Essex Flooring Outlet Ltd. can’t be held responsible for their data privacy practices.
Your data protection rights
Under GRPR law, you have the right to:
- Ask us for copies of the personal information we have stored about you
- Ask us to amend the information
- Ask us to delete your personal information
- Ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information
- Object to the processing of your personal information
- Ask us to transfer your personal data to another organisation
You are not required to pay to exercise these rights and should you make a request we will respond within 1-month.
Please contact us by emailing [email protected] or calling 01206 483763 if you wish to make a request.
How to get in touch with Essex Flooring Outlet
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Essex Flooring Outlet Ltd by emailing [email protected] or calling 01206 483763.
How to contact the ICO
If you feel we have not addressed your privacy concerns then you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office by writing to the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or calling 0303 123 1113.